The FluoroCheck II is a benchtop and transportable unit for discrete sample measurements of ppm hydrocarbons in water.
Direct water samples for screening or an EPA approved hexane oil extraction method may be used.
Benchtop and field monitoring of petroleum oils in:
The FluoroCheck II offers a fast and easy approach to the measurement of hydrocarbon oils in water. Filtered light energy targets the aromatic component of the water sample and measures the hydrocarbon fluorescence. Through an Arjay or site specific calibration, this aromatic tag is correlated to a total oil reading of your sample.
Arjay offers two test modes in one instrument; letting you determine the most suitable approach for your testing needs. You can choose from the factory preset calibrations for immediate on-site use or do your own calibration specific to your site. You can even run routine solvent-free tests and easily switch to a solvent extraction when a more selective test is warranted. All tests use disposable cuvets to eliminate cross-contamination and cleaning issues.
Direct Water Testing
A water sample can be measured directly in the instrument without solvents or sample preparation. This is ideal for general screening to identify the presence or absence of hydrocarbons in groundwater, wastewater, cooling water and oil/water separator effluents.
To optimize the accuracy of the readings or to correlate the FluoroCheck II to a specific analytical method, solvent extracted samples can be used. An extraction with hexane, pentane, or other extractive fluid will qualify samples using EPA 1664 Rev A and ISO-9377-2 extraction techniques. A calibration is entered using your local laboratory’s results and methodology.
- Two modes of sample testing
- Solvent extraction qualifies sample to ISO 9377-2 and EPA 1664 Rev A methods
- Fast sample preparation and immediate readings
- Controlled and safe use of solvents
- Easy calibration and instrument set-up
- Reading printout serial port
- Bright backlit display of PPM readings
- Long life LED light source
- Multi-point calibration available for increased accuracy
- Multiple calibration library of various oils or sites
- LED intensity selection to maximize response to unique oils
- No lag time, sample injection, or evaporation
- Ideal for site screening and process trend monitoring
- Compliments and supports existing laboratory results
- Available with re-chargeable battery pack or vehicle jack
Operating Temp. 15˚C to 40˚C, indoor use
Power Input 100-240 VAC, 47-63 Hz,
0.5A or 12 VDC, 1.5A
Approval Standards UL, CSA, CE (transformer)
Range 0-100 ppm
(extended with sample dilution)
Display Resolution 0.1 ppm
Instrument Accuracy +/- 0.1 ppm
The performance is based on the site calibration to a known hydrocarbon concentration in stable background water. Changes in hydrocarbon make-up and background stability may affect the reading. Through a simple calibration, this unit correlates well with laboratory ISO 9377-2 and EPA 1664 Rev A methods.