The 2852-PCD Plugged Chute Detector provides non-intrusive monitoring of chutes and hoppers for bulk material detection. Combining the technology of capacitance with unique sensor designs provide non-intrusive monitors for bulk solids handling systems. The result is a low cost and low maintenance system to determine the presence or absence of product in a pipe, chute, or other vessel.
Plugged Chute Detectors monitor a chute or vessel using a sensor mounted flush with the chute wall. The sensor indicates a normal passage of product. When the product compacts due to a plugged condition, the monitor activates a relay to turn off equipment and alert operators.
The 2852-PCD sensor monitors the capacitance field in front of the sensor plate. The sensing plate forms part of the chute or hopper wall to sense the product within. The increased presence of product in front of the sensor due to a plugging condition increases the capacitance field and initiates an alarm.
The sensing plates are embedded into a polyethylene plate which provides monitoring without any intrusion into the product flow.
- Flush mount sensor forms part of the chute wall
- Adjustable time delay and sensitivity to eliminate nuisance alarms
- Remote electronics via standard twisted pair
- Sensor available Intrinsically Safe for Hazardous Locations
- High erosion resistant polyethylene resists wear
- Capacitance technology responds to all types of bulk materials
- Non-intrusive sensor design does not restrict product movement
- Capacitance technology responds to any material type
- No moving parts
- Remote alarm unit mounts safely away from pipe
- No intrusion into chute or hopper
Operating Temp. -20˚C to +55˚C
Resolution .007% (.07 pF at 1,000 pF)
Accuracy .04% of full scale pF
Power Input 12 vdc or 24 vdc or 100-240 vac +/- 10%
Alarm Relay 2 x 10 amp@240 vac, SPDT, dry
Analog Output 4 mA normal/20 mA alarm
Communication Modbus RS-485
Certified UL 61010-1, 2nd Edition
IEC/EN 61010-1, 2nd Edition
Enclosure Type 4/IP 66 painted steel
or Type 4X/IP 66 polycarbonate or SS
Optional Light, buzzer, beacon
Operating Temp. -60˚C to +55˚C
Intrinsic Safety CSA Intrinsically Safe when ordered with Approved Barrier in Control Unit
Div 1, Class I, Groups A,B,C,D;
Class II, Groups E,F,G;
Class III, Encl.Type 4
Wetted Parts UHMWPE (optional Teflon)