Reliable monitoring of foaming conditions in process applications
Over 40 years of capactiance experience stands behind the 2852-FCM Foam Control Monitor. The sensing probe is tuned to the normal operating conditions of the gaseous or air phase in your process. The intrusion of foam around the probe will cause a capacitance change that is monitored by the remote controller. Variations in foam levels will result in a proportional output.
Typical applications include free water knock-out (FWKO) systems, gas phase separation, pre-compressor main-fold protection, and wastewater treatment facilities. The unique Arjay pulse module circuit makes this unit ideal for foam suppression, interface and control.
The 2852-FCM sensing probe monitors the capacitance field around the probe within a shield, tank or pipe.
As the dielectric characteristics of a fluid or solid change, the resulting capacitance change is monitored and configured into a useable signal for process control and recording. A display is available in user configured engineering units.
Product dielectric changes in your application may not be strictly linear. Arjay has designed a 5-point calibration into the controller to enhance accuracy over an extended measurement range. This instrument is ideal for general monitoring and trending of process conditions.
- No moving parts
- Remote electronics via standard twisted pair
- All set-up, calibration and diagnostics are accessed at the control panel
- Multi-point calibration curve
- All control wiring and interface is done at the control panel
- HF capacitance technology does not require routine cleaning
- Touch screen interface for easy set-up and user interface
- Trend display of hour, day or month increments
- Electronics remote from process
- High corrosion resistant Teflon and 316SS parts
- Easy calibration and control setup
Process Temp. -60˚C to +260˚C
Ambient Temp. -60˚C to +55˚C
Pressure 103 bar/10342 kPA/1500psi
at stable temperature
Process Connection available threaded or flanged
Explosion Proof CSA Div 1, Class 1, Groups C,D
Intrinsic Safety Approved Intrinsically Safe when ordered with Approved Barrier in Control Unit
Class I, Groups A,B,C,D;
Class II, Groups E,F,G;
Class III, Encl.Type 4
CRN ABSA-CRN #OF07450.2
Wetted Parts 316SS and Teflon
Probe materials are eligible for NACE MR-0175 Compliance